US-based aid group World Central Kitchen confirms seven staff members were killed in a “targeted attack” by the Israeli military and called on it to stop “this indiscriminate killing” in Gaza. Those killed were from Palestine, Australia, Poland, the UK, and a US-Canada citizen.
Seven people working with the United States-based NGO World Central Kitchen (WCK) have been killed in the Gaza Strip in what the group’s founder chef said was an Israeli air attack.The NGO, which provides fresh meals in response to conflict and natural disasters, was set up by Michelin-starred chef Jose Andres and his wife Patricia in 2010, and has been supplying food assistance in Gaza, which the United Nations has warned is on the brink of famine.
WCK said it was “devastated to confirm” that seven members of the organisation had been killed while travelling in a convoy in Deir el-Balah after unloading 100 tonnes of food aid at its central Gaza warehouse.
It said the group was travelling in a “deconflicted zone” in two armoured vehicles that were branded with the WCK logo and that it had coordinated their movements with the Israeli military.
“This is not only an attack against WCK, this is an attack on humanitarian organizations showing up in the most dire of situations where food is being used as a weapon of war,” WCK CEO Erin Gore said in a statement on Tuesday. “This is unforgivable.”
British Foreign Minister David Cameron called on Israel to provide a transparent explanation into the…
Read more@ISIDEWITH1yr1Y
How do you think the actions of a military force should be held accountable when their operations result in the loss of civilian or humanitarian lives?
@9L8YLYT1yr1Y
Absolutely, they are supposed to eliminate threats, if the military kills civilians or humanitarians it should be treated like any other murder case. They should be punished.
@ISIDEWITH1yr1Y
@ISIDEWITH1yr1Y
@ISIDEWITH1yr1Y
Join in on more popular conversations.